Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Turbo Bookends

I have some fairly exciting news: my bookends are finished! They feature the compressor and turbine from an old Mitsubishi turbocharger that was pulled from an 80s turbo Dodge. Very cool. If you are at all interested in cars and/or turbochargers, I recommend taking apart a junk turbo. I found it very interesting.

In case you think they just look cool, there is a hidden message here. Just like most bookends are A to Z, alpha to omega, etc, these bookends range from compressor to turbine (intake to exhaust); pretty clever right? Right.





























Now I know you all want a set (well... maybe) but for now these are one of a kind items. I just wanted to show them off.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Fantastic! I love the pink sparkly tree in the background.